Saturday, June 11, 2011

"Blues a healer, all over the world."

... melancholy and sadness...

Brahms Symphony No. 3 in F Major, Op.90 - III. Poco allegretto.
Carlos Santana and Dave Matthews "Love of My Life," from Supernatural.

SANTANA: One of my very favorite classical works is Symphony No. 3 in F major, Op.90, the third movement, 'Poco Allegretto,' by Johannes Brahms. I heard this glorious piece of music shortly after my dear father passed away, and I was haunted by it until I was able to identify and locate the original song. It became the inspiration for "Love of My Life, " a beautiful collaboration between me and Dave Matthews for the 'Supernatural' album. I am also inspired and moved by 'Concierto de Aranjuez,' an early 20th-century work for orchestra and guitar by Joaquin Rodrigo. It is a thrill to sometimes play it at a Santana concert, and I also love Miles Davis' visionary rendering of it on 'Sketches of Spain'."

The Santana Story: Angels And Demons.

No comments:

Post a Comment