Thursday, March 4, 2010

Problems with alcohol and drugs

A laugh a minute? Life with Billy Connolly Pamela Stephenson


"Can you tell us about Billy's problems with alcohol and drugs and how you helped him?
PS: Billy was extremely famous in Scotland, and you know what happens, especially with people who don't think they are very worthy. As with Billy, they don't handle fame because they don't feel they deserve it and they'll turn to alcohol and drugs.
It became very serious and by the time I met him he was on a very self-destructive path. At first, that was appealing to me, but later I realized I can't be with somebody like that because I don't want to watch him destroy himself. I didn't tell him, "You've gotta clean up your act," I just said I can't deal with this. I discovered you can't make anyone stop drinking or stop taking drugs, you have to just protect yourself and if they want to jump on the good train, they will. Fortunately it worked."

No comments:

Post a Comment