Sunday, December 7, 2014

Vicky Mount.

Vicky Mount @ Mini Gallery
"I am a full time and well established Edinburgh based artist. I look at the world with a gentle humour, believing that in smiling, it is easier to live in a complicated world.
If I had to say what my paintings are about (in a very small nutshell) I would say they are about love, work, death, and friendship and loneliness and longing, escape...and hope...and...I'm going to need a bigger nutshell!
I hope you like what you see.

Greeting cards are exclusive to www.tomcatcards.co.uk - See more at: http://www.minigallery.co.uk/Vicky_Mount/#sthash.KhX4rGOb.dpuf"
About Ethel Feeding Pigeons:

"I saw this little lady walking towards me as I was standing at a bus stop. She was tiny and had unusually large feet. What she wore and how she hunched over as she walked stuck in my mind and so I did two or three sketches from memory. People have always fascinated me, the lives they may have lead and the ordinary day to day things they might be doing other than walking towards me on a rainy day."

Vicky works and lives in Edinburgh with her husband, two daughters, two cats, and a big old dog.
Vicky is an established artist living and working in Edinburgh. Her oil paintings represent the quirkiness and love of everyday life...mostly through cat's eyes.
(From here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment